Following the Governments recent announcement regarding face coverings, from Monday 17th May 2021:
• Will no longer be required to wear face coverings in the classroom or in communal areas of the building.
• Study Programme tutors are also no longer required to wear a face covering in the classroom but do need to continue to wear a face covering in communal areas of the building.
• Students must not congregate in communal areas
• Keep to classroom bubbles
• Tutors must maintain social distancing from students and remain at the front of the classroom at all times
• Staggered session start/end and break times will continue, your tutor will advise you of times.
• Carry out issued LFD tests twice a week – completing home tests is not mandatory and you will still be able to attend HYA Training if you choose not to complete a home test. We do ask that you do not attend HYA Training if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, you should contact your tutor and follow the usual absence/sickness reporting procedure. You must book a test and self-isolate and follow the current Government guidance.
• Will still be required to wear a face covering in communal areas but can remove the face covering once in the classroom.
• Tutors can remove their face covering once in the classroom with the Apprentice/Adult student.
• We will continue to offer a limited number of on-site sessions for Apprentices and Adult students.
• We do request that you do not attend HYA Training if you have any symptoms of COVID-19. You should contact your tutor and follow your workplace absence/sickness reporting procedure. You must book a test and self-isolate and follow the current Government guidance.
• Must continue to wear a face covering at all times when on site and follow the directions provided by our reception staff.
• Must not attend HYA Training site if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
All other COVID safety precautions will remain in place, and all of our current practices will continue:
• On entry to HYA Training your tutor/invigilator will ask and record your responses to a number of pre-session questions, this is to help ensure we are doing everything we can to keep everyone safe when on site. This information will support the NHS Track and Trace process and will be stored by the Operations Director and disposed of after 3 weeks.
• Wash hands on entry to the building
• Use the alcohol hand gel regularly
• Enter via the front door and exit via the back door
• Windows in all classrooms/offices will be cracked open to allow a flow of fresh air, doors should remain open and when students go on breaks or for lunch the windows should be opened wide to allow full air circulation
• Keep to the 2-metre distancing rule
• Follow the ‘catch it, bin it’ rules when coughing or sneezing.
• Face coverings MUST cover both the nose and mouth at all times.
• We have a supply of disposable face coverings available from reception, please inform our reception team if you require a face covering.
Please note that you are required to report the result of any home test via the NHS online reporting system by clicking here.
Thank you for your continued support in helping us to keep everyone at HYA Training as safe as possible.